Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Face Shop - in Hawaii!!!

I haven't really finished my Christmas shopping so I had decided earlier this week that Sunday would be the day. I did complete some of it, but I still have a few more presents to look for. I work all week so I guess I will be one of those late night crazy people fighting for parking at the mall!

As we were driving through town today, I glanced out the window at one of the strip malls and saw a sign that said "The Face Shop". I thought I was seeing things! If you don't know what The Face Shop is, its a Korean cosmetic company that originated in 1962 manufacturing cosmetics, that turned into a retail business in 2003.  They believe is in melding nature with beauty which is epitomized via naturalism, health and purity as a lifestyle (www.thefaceshopen.com).  Some of the things that I saw were: all sorts of cosmetics, bb creams, facial cleansing products, face masks, eyelashes, some brushes and other accessories. The funny thing is I was just briefly browsing their website the other day looking at bb creams. I think I was MOST excited about seeing bb creams in person since I am sort of interested in them.

This is the first time I've been IN a Face Shop store, so I just purchased a few things including:

  • Herb Day Cleansing Wipes (70 sheets - $8)
  • Lovely Me: Ex Makeup Base (In purple and in green, $5 each)
  • Eyelashes ($3 each)
One of the employees threw in samples of bb creams, serums, tonerss and a mask. I am excited to try out the tiny samples of bb creams to see what they are like.  I normally like medium coverage for my foundation, so I was thinking that bb creams may not be for me, until I am really confident about the condition of my skin.  My skin is not really bad per se, but I'm thinking my dark circles will not be concealed well with lighter weight face products.

Enough talk, here are a few pictures.  I'm sorry about the quality - I took them in my room when the sun was already going down and without any additional lighting :)





The sale girls told me that the face bases were for the younger girls and she pointed me to some of their Phytogenic Infinite Makeup Base - which was $21 or so. I ignored her suggestion (politely )and purchased some of the $5 base to test out the brand.

Have you tried The Face Shop? What do you like or don't like? What do you think about bb creams and which ones have you tried?

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Where is it located?! I didn't know that it was here either.

    I have received a few things from a blogger friend in CA who bought things from The Face Shop there. I have to admit that the only thing that I tried so far is the lipstick that she sent. She sent me another package in October for my birthday and I can't remember what was in there but I think that there were some face masks along with a bunch of other things. I really need to dig it out and try it. I will let you know what I received and my thoughts on items that I do try out. With Christmas upon us, I have packages and packages all over the place so it's buried under there somewhere.


    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! You should totally check it out! Its in McCully Shopping Center. They just opened 2 days ago. I need to research some of their face/skin care products. Some items are really inexpensive, some are kind of pricey. I will ask my friend who lived in Korea what products she found useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW Kat, I sent a request to follow you on twitter. I still need to get a hang on how to tweet... ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the info! I will definitely check it out but I think that I will have to wait until after the holidays.

    Thank you for your request. I have accepted your request and also requested to follow you.

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete